The Information We Collect
How We Use the Information
Information about our customers is an important part of our business, and we share personally identifiable information collected on our Website with unaffiliated third parties only as described below. (Please see “Your Options Regarding Personally Identifiable Information” below for information on how to avoid having your personally identifiable information shared by us.)
- Third Party Service Providers: We employ other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf. Examples may include fulfilling orders, delivering packages, sending postal mail and e-mail, removing repetitive information from customer lists, analyzing data, providing marketing assistance, providing search results and links (including paid listings and links), processing credit card payments and providing customer service. In connection with their performance of functions on our behalf, we may share personally identifiable information with such companies and individuals as needed for them to perform their functions, but we do not permit such entities and individuals to use personally identifiable information for other purposes.
- Third Party Promotions: We may send offers to selected groups of customers on behalf of unaffiliated businesses that want to market their products or services to you, and as part of these promotional offers we may sell or disclose certain of your personally identifiable information to such unaffiliated businesses. If you prefer not to be contacted by any such business with whom we share your personally identifiable information, you may follow the “unsubscribe” instructions provided in any email you receive from any such third party. In addition, you may opt out of our sharing your personally identifiable information with such businesses by following the instructions on our Email Opt Out Form, as described below under “Your Options Regarding Personally Identifiable Information”.
- In-House Promotions: We may on occasion combine information we receive online with outside records to enhance our ability to market our products and services that may be of interest to you. If you have signed up to receive our e-mails and prefer not to receive marketing information from our Website, please follow the “unsubscribe” instructions provided on any marketing e-mail you receive from our Website or by following the instructions in our Email Opt Out Form, as described below under “Unsubscribe Requests”.
- Protection of Our Website and Others: We reserve the right to release personally identifiable information to unaffiliated third parties when we believe its release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce or apply our Terms and Conditions and other agreements, or protect the rights, property or safety of Dominion, our users or others. This includes exchanging information with other unaffiliated third parties in connection with fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
- With Your Consent: Other than as set out above, you will receive notice and have the opportunity to withhold consent when personally identifiable information about you might be shared with unaffiliated third parties.
Your Options Regarding Personally Identifiable Information
Except where we believe the release of your personally identifiable information is necessary or appropriate (a) to allow third party service provider functions on our behalf or (b) to comply with law, enforce or apply our Terms and Conditions and other agreements, or protect the rights, property or safety of Dominion, our users or others, you may opt out of our sharing of your personally identifiable information with unaffiliated third parties by completing our Email Opt Out Form.
Third Party Online Advertising
We use third-party advertising companies to provide advertisements to you when you visit our Website. These companies may use information (not including your name, address, email address or telephone number) about your visits to this and other websites in order to show you advertisements tailored to your interests on this and other websites and other interactive media and/or to keep track of your response to each ad. For more information on this practice, or to opt out of having this information used by these companies, please visit the Network Advertising Initiative here: http://www.networkadvertising.org/managing/opt_out.asp.
Cookies and Web Beacons
To enhance your experience with our Website, many of our Web pages use “cookies.” Cookies are text files we place in your computer’s browser to store your preferences. Cookies, by themselves, do not tell us your e-mail address or reveal other personally identifiable information unless you choose to provide this information to us by, for example, registering at our Website. However, once you choose to furnish our Website with personally identifiable information, this information may be linked to the data stored in the cookie.
“Web beacons” or clear .gifs are small pieces of code placed on a Web page to monitor behavior and collect data about the visitors viewing a Web page. For example, Web beacons or similar technology can be used to count the users who visit a Website or to deliver a cookie to the browser of a visitor viewing that page. We may use Web beacons or similar technology on our Website from time to time for this and other purposes.
Collection of Information by Third-Party Sites, Ad Servers and Sponsors
Our Commitment to Security
We have in place what we believe to be reasonable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and help prevent unauthorized access of, maintain data security for and correctly use the personally identifiable information you have provided or that we otherwise collect on our Website. HOWEVER, WHILE SUCH EFFORTS ARE INTENDED TO ENSURE THE CONFIDENTIALITY OF YOUR PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION AVAILABLE TO US AS A RESULT OF YOUR USE OF OUR WEBSITE, WE CANNOT AND DO NOT WARRANT OR GUARANTEE THE ABSOLUTE SAFETY AND SECURITY OF YOUR PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION.
- We work to protect the security of your personally identifiable information during transmission by using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software, which encrypts information you input. To assist in keeping your personally identifiable information safe, you must use an SSL-enabled browser (i.e., Internet Explorer).
- It is important for you to protect against unauthorized access to your password and to your computer. Be sure to sign off when finished using a shared computer. Additionally, change your passwords often using a combination of letters and numbers, and make sure you use a secure Web browser.
How You Can Access or Correct Information
You may obtain information regarding the personally identifiable information that you provide or we collect about you via our Website for the limited purpose of viewing and correcting any factual errors in such information. Access to personally identifiable information that you provide or we collect via our Website may be accessible for a limited period of time after the point of collection. For example, if you created a password-protected account within our Website, you may return to that portion of the Website to review the personally identifiable information you provided. Alternatively, you may send an e-mail or letter to the following e-mail or street address requesting information about or corrections to your personally identifiable information Dominion Enterprises, Intellectual Property Administrator, P.O. Box 2576, Norfolk, VA 23501 or IPadministrator@dominionenterprises.com, subject to appropriate verification procedures. To protect your privacy and security, we will take what we believe are reasonable steps to help verify your identity before providing personally identifiable information, granting access or making corrections.
Access to and use of this Website is subject to compliance with this Website’s Terms and Conditions.
To unsubscribe from email communications from us, please enter your email address and select the name of the applicable Dominion business from the list on our Email Opt Out Form.
Special Note for Parents
This Website you are visiting is a general audience website and was not designed for children. We are not responsible for any access or use of this Website by children. (By way of example, this Website is not intended to sell products for purchase by children.) If you are under 18, you may use our Website only with the involvement of a parent or guardian.
How to Contact Us
Updates and Effective Date
[POLICY LAST UPDATED DECEMBER 2011]